Saturday, July 24, 2010

Guardian Angel


I have always been a canine lover as far back as I can remember. ( No offense to the feline population) Dogs just seem more dependent on you and more loyal than cats. I found out just how true this was from diagnosis to recovery.


We have 2 yorkies; Spencer, a male now 13 and Sophie; a female age 8. Spencer although a loving dog, not a nurturer. I once had a horrendous migraine and was lying in the bathroom floor, Spencer walked by and I called out for him and he looked at me, gave me a quick glance like, "You're good!" He then preceded to walk down the hallway. So much for nurturing...Then down the hallway comes Sophie. She took one look at me laying there and rushed to my aid! So Sophie...This blog is for you...


After my diagnosis, Sophie knew something was up because I was crying constantly and staying around home. She never left my side. The morning of my surgery, I was up extremely early just to mentally prepare myself and I wanted to complete a mental list I had in my mind of stuff to be done before my surgery. Sophie stayed at my heels all morning and there was a sadness and concern in her big brown eyes. When we left for the hospital that morning, we backed out of the garage and there standing in out glass storm door was lil Sophie. I'll never forget how sweet she looked as we were pulling away. I was in the hospital fr 2 1/2 days and my sons tell me that Sophie never left that door(Except when she had to!) until I came home. When I came home, there she was still standing there at the door...When I got into bed she snuggled up beside me and let out a loud sigh...


The weeks I was home to recover were alot easier because of Sophie & Spencer. The unconditional love they gave and the pure comfort and unknowing support was priceless. It made me feel like no matter what I could make it...With a little help from my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment